Thursday, May 5, 2011

And The Rain Begins

Yesterday, we discussed the peripheral nervous system.  The monks became neurologists and tested their 12 cranial nerves.  They really seemed to enjoy testing their vision!
As I left class in the afternoon, I saw dark clouds on the horizon.  It certainly looked like rain.  Sure enough, 30 minutes later, the skies opened and huge raindrops pelted the ground.  Thunder, lightning, and strong winds came along with the storm.  My shoe that I used to prop open my door got soaked.
One of the translators mother made a dinner of mutton dumplings (momo) for us guests from the States.  Bryce, Richard, Paul, Modesto, Bobby Sager and all of the translators huddled from the rainstorm as we ate dinner.  This was the first meat I had eaten in the six days since I left Seattle.
The storm also knocked out power.  Without electricity, I called it an early night and went to sleep at 9:30 pm.  A few hours later, I was awakened by the light in my room:  the power had come back on and of course, I had left the light on.

No comments:

Post a Comment