Friday, February 3, 2012

Catching Up

It has been one week since I left India.  I'll post a few more stories from notes I took during my time at the workshop.

---------------------------------------

The Science for Monks program wanted to create a short video about their work so Bryce Johnson asked me to represent the western scientists and educators who have participated.  Videographer Mark Jackson flew in from South Africa to interview one monk and me.  Mark, Jampa Khechok who is a monk from Sera Monastery, and I had lunch together on Thursday to discuss the interview.

The next day, Mark set up two chairs and we started to film.  We were asked questions about what we liked about science, how science could be integrated with Tibetan Buddhist education and what Tibetan Buddhism can offer science.

I think the interview went well, but we will have to wait and see the final products.  Jampa Khechok had to leave soon after the interview to return to his monastery for some tests, but he would return to Bangalore and the Science for Monks program on Sunday for the final week of the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment