Saturday, February 4, 2012

Last Day

At about 6 pm on Friday, my teaching in the Science for Monks program came to an end.  I told the group that Kelly and I were headed home later than night.  I mentioned how honored I was to work with them.  I wrote my email address on the board and told all of them that we should stay in contact with each other.  Kelly also addressed the group and offered her email address and said she would be happy to send them copies of photos she had taken.  I hope that the monks do stay in contact with us.

As a gesture of appreciation, I shared a box of Frango chocolates that I had brought from Seattle with the monks.  Bryce Johnson then made a small speech thanking me from coming all the way from the States to participate in the workshop.  He presented both Kelly and me with a white scarf and a bag of presents.

As Kelly and I packed later that evening, there was a knock on our door.  One of the nuns who had befriended Kelly wanted to say goodbye to us.  This particular nun was from the country of Bhutan who was now living at a nunnery in southern India.   She wrote Kelly a very nice letter and brought us snacks for our journey home.  We had a few peanut butter granola bars that we gave her in exchange:  she said she liked peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment