Friday, September 5, 2014

Good to Go

I am always a bit anxious when I wait for my visa.  The main reason is that my passport is out of my hands.  To get a visa to India, you must fill out several documents, include color photographs (don't wear glasses!), and mail the package with your passport to a service that works with the Indian government.

If all of the documents are in order, then a visa is placed inside your passport.  Then the passport is mailed back home.  In my case, a small package with my passport was not placed in my mailbox.  Rather, the passport package was just sitting outside the front door of my house when I got home from work yesterday.

But getting the visa is one of the final steps in preparation for the trip.  The next step is packing! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Professor,
    I wonder why the monks need to learn about Neuroscience? Could you please provide more detail about the purpose of your trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although the monks have many years of education, they are not familiar with western science. They are especially interested in neuroscience and what it has to say about consciousness.

      Delete