Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Traveling

Flying is such an adventure.  You never know what will happen and you must depend on other people and nature to get you to your destination.  As I now sit in my hotel room, I think about the marvels of modern air travel.  One minute you are in the comforts of your own home, a few hours later you are halfway around the world.

My flights to Delhi were somewhat uneventful and that's a good thing.  During my layover in the Tokyo airport, I did witness an unfortunate incident.  One passenger was yelling at the airline gate agents as he waited for a flight from Tokyo to Chicago.  Apparently, the inbound flight from Chicago was late because of problems at the Chicago airport and therefore, the passenger's flight to Chicago would be late leaving Tokyo.  For some reason, the passenger did not understand that this problem was not the fault of the gate agents.  You can't fly a plane that isn't available.  But the passenger was ranting and cursing and really making a spectacle of himself.  In fact, the police were called and seven policemen showed up to ensure that the situation did not get out of hand.

My idea of getting a seat in the back of the plane for the Tokyo to Delhi flight was shared by many other people.  By the time I checked, all empty rows were all taken.  However, I did have an empty seat next to me so I was able to get a few hours of sleep.  About 30 minutes before landing in Delhi, the flight crew came through the cabin spraying disinfectant.   Flight attendants suggest that you cover your nose and mouth as they come through.  This has happened each time I have landed in Delhi and still am unsure why it is done. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it there safely! We look forward to hearing more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete