Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Slide Prep

Neuroscience moves at a very fast pace.  That is why I change my presentations each year for the Science for Monks workshop.  I try to present the newest findings in a way that the monks can appreciate the work coming out of research laboratories around the world.  Many of the hands-on activities we do are the same year to year, but these might be framed differently if there has been a new discovery.

Of course, if I change my presentation, the slide must be translated into Tibetan so the monks can read the material.  I am almost finished with my revisions so the translators will have enough time to do their work.  Below is one slide for the "Brain brain, what is a brain?" activity.  Each monk will be given an everyday object and they must think of ways that the brain is similar to and different from the object.

No comments:

Post a Comment