Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Best Plans

Many international flights into large cities in India arrive in the very early morning hours, often between midnight and 3 am.  Because the Science for Monks workshops are held in places that are outside large cities, I have had to take another domestic flight to get to the location.  This is the case for my upcoming trip to India:  I arrive at midnight and must make a connecting flight later the same day.

I had planned to make a connectng flight at 11:30 am which would give me several hours to get some sleep after the long flight from Seattle.  I booked a room at a hotel near the airport for this short layover.  However, I just received news that the 11:30 am flight has been cancelled and I have been rebooked on an 8:30 am flight instead.

So, in the best scenario, my flight will arrive at midnight and I will have time collect my bags, change some dollars to rupees, and find my way to the hotel.  If I get to the hotel by 2 am, I'll have about 5 hours before I have to turnaround and get back to the airport from the domestic flight.

Whenever you travel, it is best to be flexible because some things are beyond your control.

No comments:

Post a Comment