Friday, October 21, 2016

Wandering Through Sherabling

The monks like to take walks after lunch and dinner and the area around the Sherabling Monastery is a great place to explore.  With the foothills of the Himalayas to the north and a valley in all other directions, the location is an ideal place to wander.

Because the monastery is a bit isolated, there are few cars and trucks that use the roads near Sherabling.  Also, the monastery is several miles away from the nearest town and I have not seen any tourists in the area.  So, the roads and forest paths are available to explore.

Last night after dinner, I strolled up the road to a set of stupas with a group of monks.  Their English was fairly good and they peppered me with questions about my lectures and other things they wanted to know about the brain.  If fact, their questions reminded me of some material I forgot to mention during my lectures, so today I cover this material before moving on to new topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment