Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wherever I Go

Wherever I go, people come up to me to ask directions or get information from me.  I am not sure why this happens.  And it has happened to me twice already during my trip to India.


The first time was at the Delhi airport.  I was waiting to pass through security when a man behind me asked if it was ok to walk through the metal detector holding his cell phone.  I said, "No," and pointed him to the x-ray machine that was scanning carry-on luggage.


The second time was when I was getting off the plane in Dharamsala.  As I was walking off the tarmac, an elderly woman approached me and asked if I was going to Bir (Deer Park).  She was going to Bir and wanted to share the cost of a taxi.  I responded that I was going near Deer Park, and that if there was room in the car, she could share my ride.  As I waited in the baggage claim area,  she came up to me again and said that she met a monk who was also going to Deer Park and that they were going to share the cost of a taxi.  She then thanked me and we parted ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment