Monday, March 28, 2011

Keeping Safe

BOIL IT, COOK IT, PEEL IT, OR FORGET IT. That's the advice of the University of Washington Travel Clinic when it comes to food for travelers in India. For water, it's advised to drink bottled water, boiled water, water treated with a filter or carbonated beverages. Never drink tap water or use ice made from tap water.

These are all good suggestions to avoid the dreaded "Delhi Belly." I have been to India several times. The last time I was in India, however, was almost 30 years ago. I cannot remember a time that I suffered from an upset stomach during my travels.

Nevertheless, I plan to follow the suggestions of the Travel Clinic to keep myself healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Please do take care with the food. I'm from South India, and coming here to the North and eating North Indian food, gives me a "Delhi Belly" almost every single day. Try to eat simple food. People will tell you to experiment with various things, but most of them are guaranteed to upset your stomach. Well, mine anyway.

    ReplyDelete