Sunday, February 5, 2023

Easy Visa

Getting a visa to India has always caused me a bit of anxiety.  In the past, I have had to put my passport in the mail with two passport-ready photographs and other documentation and send it away.  I never knew when the passport would be returned.

Now, the process of getting a visa to visit India is very simple.  The Indian government has a program called e-Visa where everything is done online.  Just fill out a few pages of information, attach a digital photograph and a scan of your passport and you are done.  However, if you use the e-Visa program, read the information carefully.  The digital photographs and passport scan must be in a certain format and size.

I did not have any problems with the e-Visa system and was approved in about 24 hours.  Now all I have to do is print out the e-Visa documentation and show the material when I arrive in India. 

No comments:

Post a Comment