Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Not Lost in Translation (I hope)

The translators who work with the Science for Monks and Nuns program are amazing.  Most of them have a background in biology so they are already familiar with the neuroscience material.  Also, I have worked with them in the past, so they know my style of teaching.  I just have to remember to slow down when I speak and make sure I don't talk too long without waiting for a translation.

The high speed with which my spoken words are translated into Tibetan is incredible.  Sometimes I am surprised at the translation:  although I do not understand Tibetan, the length of the translation sometimes does not match the duration of what I said.  I might speak several sentences and then the translation might be only a few words.  Or I might say only a few words and the translation will go on and on.  




No comments:

Post a Comment