Wednesday, February 8, 2023

"EC" Phone Home

I have never brought a phone with me on previous trips to India.  Certainly, a phone would have come in handy when I was stranded at the airport on two occasions.  The ability to connect with people back in the US with a phone call or a text message would also have been helpful.  My phones have never had the capability to make international calls and I never purchased a "disposable" phone when I arrived at the airport in India.

When my old phone started to fall apart last year, I purchased a new one.  This new phone and my wireless plan are supposed to make international calling easy.  I have an international "TravelPass" and international roaming on my new phone.  With these features, I should be able to make international calls for a cost of only $10/day.

That's the plan.  But as I've seen before, the best laid plans do not always work out.  If anyone has used their phones in the way I describe, I'd certainly like to hear your experience (comment below this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment