Thursday, February 16, 2023

Passport Protector

How do you keep your passport safe when you travel?  Do you keep your passport in a bag, a suitcase or your pocket?  I usually carry my passport with me at all times when I am overseas because the consequences of losing a passport can be dire.  Most times my passport is in my shirt or jacket pocket.  However, I sometimes fear that such pockets are not the best places for a passport because they are not safe from thieves in busy airports and marketplaces.  Also, it's possible for the passport to fall out if I have to bend down, for example, when tying my shoes or lifting a backpack. 

So, what do to?  Well, I've invented the inside-the-shirt passport protector pocket!  (Actually, someone else has probably already done this.)  What is the inside-the-shirt passport protector pocket, you ask?  Simple:  it is just an extra pocket sewn inside a shirt on the opposite side of the outside pocket that is already on the shirt.   To make sure the passport will not fall out, I have added a button to close the pocket.

The passport fits completely inside of the inside shirt pocket and it is easy to remove the passport just by unbuttoning the button.  Yes, you can see the seam of the inside pocket when you look at the shirt from the outside, but it is not very noticeable.  I have several of these shirts now and will test them out during my upcoming trip to India.



No comments:

Post a Comment