Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Supplied

When I teach in the Science for Monks and Nuns program, I like to reinforce important concepts with experiments and demonstrations.  Some of these activities require items such as toothpicks, string, cups and sandpaper.  The first time I participated in the program, I brought an entire suitcase filled with supplies.  In more recent visits including my upcoming trip, program staff have asked me for a list of supplies so they can purchase everything locally.  This has been a great benefit for me:  now I do not have to carry an extra bag filled with teaching supplies halfway around the world.

Program staff will also translate my PowerPoint slides into Tibetan. When I teach, a computer will present the Tibetan version of my slides for the monastics to see.  To ensure I do not forget anything, I will have a second computer with the English version of my slides that only I can see.

Tibetan / English Stroop Test



No comments:

Post a Comment