Sunday, March 26, 2023

The Tale of the Power Adapter(s)

While using my laptop computer, a sudden power surge sent a burst of electricity that “popped” the electric socket causing a small spark and the smell of burnt wires.  Unfortunately, my computer was plugged into that socket and the power adapter was “fried.”  Therefore, I would be completely dependent on my computer battery which would eventually run out of power.

I found some library staff who said they would try to help.  They did not have an appropriate adapter in their office, but one translator said he would go into town to find one.

Sure enough, about an hour later, he was back with a replacement.  But when we tried the new adapter, another power surge fried this one too! Down two power adapters.  Time to call an electrician.  The electrician took the wall socket apart and did some repairs.  By this time, the translator had gone back into town again, bought another adapter, and returned with it ready to test.

The third time is a charm.  The adapter works.  But I am not leaving it plugged into the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment