Sunday, March 26, 2023

Thunder and Lightning

Thunder and lightning have paid a visit to Dharamsala every day since my arrival. These storms usually hit in the late afternoon or evening.  The storm that rolled in on March 25 was the most intense weather event I have ever witnessed.

The storm started with heavy rain and was followed by thunder and lightning occurring many times in a minute.  All electrical power was soon lost and everything was plunged into darkness.  This happened at about 6 pm.  Because I could not see anything and I wanted to save the battery power on my devices, I decided to go to sleep.


I woke up very early the next morning and there was still no power.  So instead on checking my text messages and email, I entertained myself by watching the sunrise over the Himalayan foothills.


No comments:

Post a Comment