Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Road to Dharamsala

The flight from Delhi to Kangra Airport (serves Dharamsala) takes about 1.5 hours.  The propeller plane was incredibly loud inside the cabin, but it landed safely.  

Waiting for me at the airport was one of the Tibetan translators who took one look at me and decided I needed to eat something.  We drove about 30 min. into Dharamsala to his favorite restaurant that overlooks a deep valley.  

Then we continued on a road meant for two-way traffic, but it is built for only one car.  We traveled through the busy, main marketplace of Dharamsala; stop and go traffic made the drive difficult and of course we had to dodge other cars, motorcycles, cows, dogs and some monkeys by the side of the road.  

Finally, we arrived at the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives where I will be teaching.  The library has a great facility with good-sized teaching rooms, supplies for activities, whiteboards and a computer projector hanging from the ceiling.  I also have a nice room with a view looking to the east and south and can see the foothills of the Himalayas and a valley below.

After getting my bearings, I set to work organizing materials and building a neuron model.  My first day of teaching is Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment