Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Early Morning Walk

The time in India is 12.5 hours ahead of the time in Seattle.  This difference in time plays havoc with circadian rhythms and mine are certainly out of sync.  Last night I had difficulty keeping my eyes open past 8 pm local time and I fell asleep quickly.  I woke up 6 hours later, but it was only 2 am and I couldn't get back to sleep.  But there is always work to do, so I made a cup of coffee and opened my laptop.

The sun started to rise at about 6 am and I decided it would be nice to get outside. 

Dharamsala is located in the foothills of the Himalayan mountains.  The city is built on a hillside with very steep and winding streets.  At 6 am there were few people on the road and I made my way up the hill.  I hoped that I could get all the way to McLeod Ganj, a small town just above the city of Dharamsala.  Actually, the place where I am staying and teaching (The Tibetan Library and Archives), is closer to McLeod Ganj than it is to Dharamsala.  Anyway, I wasn't able to make it all the way up to McLeod Ganj because I ran out of time.  I'll try to get up there another day.  

But the walk was nice:  the sun was peaking over the mountain tops, birds were singing loudly and the dogs were still sleeping.





No comments:

Post a Comment