Thursday, March 23, 2023

Questions, Questions

On the first day of class, I told the nuns that I encourage all types of questions from them. Their questions could be to clarify what I said, ask for more detail, or bring up something new. All questions are welcomed -- the only bad question is the one that is not asked. Although I may not be able to all of their questions, I said I would try my best.

At the front of the classroom there is a box where the nuns could place their questions if we didn't have time during class to discuss them.  By the next morning, the question box was full of paper with questions about brain anatomy, my work, brain development, perception and of course, consciousness.  Most of the questions were written in Tibetan, so they have to be translated before I can answer them.



No comments:

Post a Comment