Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Pushed to the Limit

International travel can be very draining.  Wait, wait and wait some more.  With airports crowded with passengers, it takes time to get through check-in and security at the start of a journey and more time to get though immigration and customs when a destination is reached.  Add time waiting to get on and off an airplane and a person’s patience can really be pushed to the limit.

I try to maintain a calm demeanor when I travel, but sometimes I am tested. 

One such test was when I arrived at the Delhi airport.  After traveling for more than 24 hours and arriving in Delhi at 2:30 am, I just wanted off the plane and into a hotel for a short nap.  But it took me about 30 minutes to get through immigration/passport control and another 20 minutes to find my one piece of luggage.  Then another 10 minutes to change some dollars into rupees.  I suppose that’s not too bad, but after traveling for so long, I just wanted to rest...sleep deprivation was starting to have its effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment