Thursday, March 23, 2023

Made it to McLeod Ganj


This morning I made a second attempt to reach McLeod Ganj -- and I made it!  The walk up the hill took me about 40 minutes.  I did have to very carefully navigate my way around a pack of about 10 aggressive dogs on my way.  I am not sure what set the dogs off, but I was alone in the early morning.  The staff at the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives says that the dogs somehow can sense strangers.  Maybe it is the way I look or maybe the way I walk that the dogs detected and thought I did not belong.

The road up to McLeod Ganj overlooks a deep canyon with views of snowcapped mountains.  The canyon looks like a jungle with heavy vegetation.  Early in the morning the birds appear to be very active.  Although I couldn't see the birds, their songs filled the morning air.  Listen here:

The dogs were gone when I returned.  I've seen some monkeys on my morning walks too.  But no monkey trouble yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment