Sunday, October 12, 2014

Star Gazing



Last night, Vivian White, the astronomer from San Francisco, set up a telescope on the roof of the college.  The monks have been learning about the planets, stars, galaxies and the universe, so the telescope was a great way to see things for themselves.  I also sat in on many of Vivian’s classes here and learned quite a bit.  Up on the roof last night, I took my place in line with the monks to peer up at the sky through the telescope.

Today, my last day in India, I got in one last morning of basketball.  The Tibetan students were out on the court by 7:30 am and I was able to join them for several full court games before breakfast.

Now I am waiting for a car to take me to the Kangra airport for the first leg of the long trip back to Seattle.  First stop is New Delhi where I will make my way to the airport hotel for about 7 hours.  Then it is about 8.5 hours to Tokyo.  After a 5 hour layover in Tokyo, I will board the 10 hour flight to Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment