Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Arrived in Bangalore (Bengaluru)



Sunrise over Bangalore (Bengaluru)
Traveling on the roads of India, whether you are in the city or in the country, are always an adventure.  Last   night, a driver was waiting for me at the Bengaluru (Bangalore) to take me to my hotel.  The drive to the “My Fortune” hotel in the middle of the city was accompanied by car horns blasting and close calls with other cars several times each mile.  The beeping of a car horn is not used in anger; instead people use their horns to say, “Watch out!  Here I am.”   

Although there are stripes on the road indicating lanes, these lines appear to be mere suggestions because no one actually keeps in a lane.  Roads meant for two cars side-by-side quickly get three to five cars across.  Bumpers come within inches of each other, but there were no accidents.   

No comments:

Post a Comment