Thursday, September 24, 2015

On the Road to the Golden Temple

Today I was minding my own business and walking along the road from my room in the guest house to the classroom.  It's about a five minute walk along the main street.  I got about half way to class when a carload of Indian tourists stopped right along side of me.  The driver leaned out of the window and asked me in English:  "Where is the Golden Temple?"

I replied that the Golden Temple was just over the wall next to the road and I pointed to the Golden Temple.  The driver then asked me where he should park his car.  I told him to go a little further down the road and then to make a left hand turn into a large parking lot.

I am not sure why the driver thought I would know the answers to his questions.  I certainly cannot be confused for a local.  But after a week here in Bylakuppe, I do know my way around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment