Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halfway There

Sitting in the airport in Narita (Tokyo) right now, waiting for the next flight to Delhi.  The flight into Japan was problem free.  I was on one of the new Boeing 787s which was quite nice.  Lots of legroom in the economy section.  The plane also has windows that tint with a small button.  Of course, I had to give that button a try.

The older woman sitting in the seat next to me started a conversation with me.  She was on her way to meet some friends and they would tour Japan together.  Somehow we got on the topic of animals and she mentioned that she was afraid of lizards.  In fact, she was so afraid of lizards that she has had to change hotel rooms when she saw one on a recent vacation.  She was not afraid of all reptiles, just lizards.  I did not think it would help if I told her the name for a phobia of lizards is "scoliodentosaurophobia," so I did not mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment