Sunday, November 17, 2013

In Transit

Winging my way back to Seattle right now; waiting in the Tokyo (Narita) airport for the final leg of my trip back to Seattle.  Door to door, I estimate that the trip will take about 35 hours:

1.  Dehradun car ride to the airport started at 12:30 pm on Sunday (local time). (1 hour)
2.  Wait at Dehradun airport was about 2 hours.
2.  Flight to Delhi was only 1 hour, but then I had an 8 hour wait for the next flight to Tokyo
3.  Delhi to Tokyo was a 7 hour flight.
4.  Layover in Tokyo was 5 hours.
5.  Tokyo to Seattle will be about 10 hours.
6.  Drive home from the airport is another hour.

1+2+1+8+7+5+10+1 = 35 hours.

Security in Delhi stopped me after my carry-on backpack went through the X-ray machine.  They wanted to know what sharp object I was carrying.  I could not think of any such item and invited them to look through my pack.  My pack contained a camera, computer, a few snacks, but nothing sharp or dangerous.  After rummaging through the pack a little more, the security officer pulled out my reflex hammer!  I brought my reflex hammer to India to demonstrate the knee jerk reflex to the monks and I had left it in my pack.  After explaining the function of the reflex hammer to the security officers, I was free to go.  I would have been happy to give them a demonstration of how the reflex hammer works, but they didn't ask.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment