Saturday, November 9, 2013

Time for Cricket

After second period before lunch, the monks like to play cricket.  I must admit that I don't understand the rules at all.  Apparently the pitcher throws the ball at a target.  The batter must protect the target from getting hit by the ball.  If the ball strikes the target or if the batter hits the ball and it is caught on the fly, then the batter is out.  I am sure that I am missing much of the game, but that's what I saw.  I am not sure where the running fits in.

I got a chance to bat when I caught a ball hit to me.  As a batter, I hit the first pitch that was caught immediately for an out.  I begged for another chance.  My second swing?  Also a fly ball that was caught for another out.

I think I'll stick to baseball.



No comments:

Post a Comment