Saturday, September 15, 2018

Delhi!

Made it to New Delhi!  Jet travel never ceases to amaze me.  Yes, I know that millions of people travel around the world, but the speed and ease with which you can get from place to place is still a wonder to me.

My flights from Seattle to Paris and then from Paris to New Delhi were all on schedule and seemed to go by quickly.  Upon landing in Delhi, I had arranged for a driver to meet me at the airport and take me to an airport hotel for an overnight stay.  And wouldn't you know it -- a driver was actually waiting for me with my name on a card!  (This did not happen last time I went to India.)

The ride from the airport to the hotel took about 15 minutes.  It was nice to clean up a bit before I undertake the next portion of the trip:  a 2 hour flight and then a 4+ hour car ride to the city of Gangtok, Sikkim.

Right now it is about 12:25 am local time in Delhi.  But back in Seattle it is only 11:55 am.  Even though I did not sleep much on the plane, I am not too tired.  So, I'll check out the cricket scores and highlights on TV and then try to catch a few hours of sleep before resuming the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment