Friday, September 7, 2018

Trip Map

Getting half way around the world is never easy and it is always tiring.  This new trip will take me from Seattle to Paris (10 hour flight) and then after a 2 hour layover, from Paris to New Delhi (8.5 hour flight).  I'll stay overnight in New Delhi where I hope I will be able to get a few hours of sleep.  Then it's back to the airport to get on a domestic flight (2 hours) from New Delhi to Bagdogra airport, in a city not too far from Darjeeling.

If all goes right, a car will be waiting at Bagdogra to take me to Gangtok, Sikkim.  I've heard that the ride from the airport to Gangtok takes about 4 hours.  Gangtok is only 75 miles from Bagdogra airport, but the road is very winding.  Also, Gangtok is located at an elevation of about 5,400 ft.   Yes, I will bring dramamine!


No comments:

Post a Comment