Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Room with a View?

My room at the New Castle Hotel is huge.  It has a large living space and it is decorated with paintings and artifacts and plenty of furniture.  The bathroom is also a good size, but the hot water situation is a bit tricky.  Hot water is supplied by a hot water heater that is mounted to the wall.  However, no water comes out of the shower head.  Instead, there is a hand-held spout that must be used.  

 

The room is faces east and I have two circular windows that look over the street below.  At night after 9 pm, the street quiets down (except for the occasional dog barking).  Street traffic with horns beeping and engines churning starts up at about 5:30 am.

The street traffic usually wakes me up so I have plenty of time to catch up on email (Internet connection is decent!) and make a post or two to this blog  before class starts at 9 am.  I have been making some instant coffee in my room by heating water with an immersion water heater.  It takes just a minute or two to bring the water to a boil. Nothing like a hot cup of coffee as the sun rises from the east (and the car horns beep from the street).
Looking down through my window


No comments:

Post a Comment