Saturday, September 15, 2018

Half Way There

Just landed in Paris, France.  With a 2 hour layover before the connecting flight to India, there is time to check email and make a quick post to this blog.

And it has happened again.  Someone approached me asking for help.  Where ever I go, people seem to think I can help them.  This time it happened while I was waiting for the flight out of Seattle.  I was just sitting on a chair, minding my own business, when an elderly lady came up to me and starting talking to me in Arabic.  I looked up and smiled at her, but said "I don't understand."  She looked at me and said "English, no.  Arabic, yes."  But she didn't stop there -- she kept on talking in Arabic.  And I kept on smiling.  I assume she was talking about her travel plans, but I really have no idea.

Finally, she pointed to her boarding pass and said "Paris?" as if she was asking if she was in the right place.  I shook my up and down to tell her she was indeed in the right place.  She smiled and sat down across from me.

The noise at the gate was very loud and it was difficult to hear the announcements, but eventually, people started to line up at the gate.  I motioned to the lady that the plane was boarding and she understood and followed me to the line.  I lost track of her getting on the plane, but she ended up sitting on the plane in the row just in front of me.

I don't know if Paris was her final destination, but I hope she gets where she wants to go.

2 comments:

  1. Eric,
    You just have one of those friendly/helpful faces. Perhaps you need to scowl a little more often ;-)

    ReplyDelete